Indoor Air Quality
Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Maintenance Program
AC Repair and More in Birmingham, AL
Maintaining a pleasantly cool environment in a house during the summer is no simple task in Alabama. Your home must have sturdy and reliable air conditioning equipment, and the proper AC repairs to go along with it. This will not only provide cool air for the rooms, but do so without creating an unnecessary energy drain. When it comes to installation, repairs, or any other air conditioning services for your home, it’s important that you only look to trained HVAC technicians for the work.
When you call on Douglas Cooling & Heating for AC services in Birmingham, you’re not only calling on experience. You’re calling on trust. We’re here to provide the air conditioner services, including 24/7 emergency repairs or scheduled seasonal maintence, that are best for you. Whether you need a new system installed, an old unit replaced, fast repair work on a faulty unit, or a routine maintenance visit before the summer heat arrives. Look to us for the best in customer service from start to finish.
If you are searching for great air conditioning repair in Birmingham, AL, call on the professionals at Douglas Cooling & Heating.
AC Repairs and Regular Maintenance Will Keep You cool
The summer heat in Alabama puts immense strain on any air conditioning system. Even the finest AC can run into operating problems that will threaten your home comfort. But you don’t have to worry: our technicians’ service all brands of air conditioners, so whenever you find that your air conditioner isn’t doing the job it should, call us right away and we’ll fix it. Don’t hesitate, because in a place like Birmingham where we use our AC units more than than average, repairs will only get more costly over time. We never suggest seeing if a problem will go away on it’s own. But it is helpful to know some warning signs. According to Energy.gov’s AC research, a few of the most common AC repairs include:
- Leaking refrigerant
- Dirty coils and filters (resulting from inadaquete maintenance)
- Sensor issues
Additionally, a few of the common warning signs include:
- Thermostat reading incorrectly
- Higher than usual energy bill
- Unit turns off and on erratically
If you have any of these warning signs or suspect another problem, give us a call; better to repair a small problem now than a big one later.
The most expensive "repair" that any air conditioner may need is an early replacement. The best way to avoid this is to arrange for routine maintenance each spring from HVAC professionals. Contact us today to find out more about our regular maintenance plan to care for your air conditioner and keep it running at peak condition for many years to come.
Professional Air Conditioning Services in Birmingham
AC Replacement Services – No air conditioning system, no matter how well–constructed or maintained, will be able to last forever. In general, most ACs can reach a lifespan between 10 to 15 years. At that point, it’s better to have the aging unit replaced so that you won’t run the risk of an abrupt breakdown and a sharp decline in the energy efficiency of the unit. Our technicians are glad to assist you with finding the right new AC system to take the place of an old one. For fast, professional, and affordable AC replacement in Birmingham, contact us today.
New AC System Installation – If you’re in the market to have an AC installed for a new home, you’ll have many different choices available to you. Make sure that you have our skilled cooling professionals on the job from the start, since they will see that you have an air conditioner sized properly to provide your home with adequate cooling combined with minimum energy waste.
What Air Conditioning System or Service Do You Need?
Those 90°F days in Birmingham, AL aren’t anything to take lightly! And we can promise you that we won’t take your home comfort lightly: we’ll put our years of experience keeping homes cool in the area to work for you. We offer many different systems and services that will keep your home comfortable during the sweltering heat, and we specialize in high efficiency systems.
- Central AC Services: Small apartments may be able to get by with window air conditioning units, but a home needs to have a proper central air conditioner to distribute cool air properly. Our technicians install and service all major brands of central ACs. We offer estimates and the best advice when it comes to a new installation, and you can depend on us for central AC repairs and maintenance as well.
- Communicating Technology Services (aka Remote Control Access): Modern technology gives you the power to control your home’s HVAC system from anywhere that you have a Wi–Fi or satellite connection. We can outfit your home for the finest in communicating technology so that you can use your smart phone to remote access your equipment. Call us to learn more and to set up an appointment for the Evolution Series Controls from Bryant.
- Ductless Cooling Services: You no longer need a complex network of air ducts running through the walls of your home to be able to enjoy air conditioning throughout the rooms. Ductless ACs offer many different advantages, such as high energy efficiency, reduced noise levels, more space, and improved air quality. Once your new system is installed, you can also count on us for reliable ductless AC repair services. In fact, we offer a complete range of services from installation to replacement to regular maintenance.
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling Services: Right under your feet is a superb resource for both heating and cooling your home. Geothermal heat pumps use the stable temperature of the earth below the frost line as a medium for heat exchange. These systems offer fantastic energy savings and unmatched service lifespans. But, while they offer incredibler reliablity, when something does need to be looked at, you should trust trained experts to diagnose and repair your geothermal system. Let our technicians tell you more about the possibilities.
- Heat Pump Services: An option you have for cooling your home is to install a heat pump, which uses the technology similar to an air conditioner to also provide energy–efficient heating whenever you need it. With only a single adjustment to the thermostat, you can switch the heat pump from cooling mode to heating mode and back. Whether you want to replace your current unit or you need a repair on your heat pump unit, give our pros a call.
- Packaged HVAC Unit Services: Conventional air conditioners and heat pumps are split units that have an outdoor and indoor cabinet. But if you’re looking for an alternative that uses less space in your house, consider a packaged unit. Popular in commercial buildings, packaged units house the condenser and the evaporator in a single outdoor cabinet. Give us a call if you think a packaged HVAC unit is ideal for your house, or if your current packaged HVAC unit needs a tune up or repair.
- Thermostats Services: An air conditioning system with an outdated or malfunctioning thermostat controlling it won’t be much good to you. Repairing or upgrading a thermostat will help you maximize your indoor comfort and reduce energy waste. We are glad to help you receive the most out of your thermostats, whether it means repairing them or replacing them.
- Zone Controlled Services: Central air conditioning doesn’t have to be an "all–or–nothing" proposition. Instead of sending cool air to every single room when the AC turns on, you can manipulate it with a zone control system that will only cool the rooms that need it. Our HVAC experts can retro–fit your system for zone control or make it part of a new installation. And if you ever need your zone control system repaired, we have the experience to do it right the first time.
- Commercial AC Services: We are dedicated to helping businesses in the area stay cool as well, which is why we also provide commercial air conditioning services. You never want to trust the AC system at your company to anyone except experienced professionals, and we promise to see that you receive only the best commercial AC service available.