Indoor Air Quality
Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Maintenance Program
Furnace Services in Birmingham, AL
Whenever you think of a home heating system, it’s very likely that you think of a furnace. This isn’t a coincidence. Most people think of furnaces as representative of heating systems because they are the most popular home heating system type in the country. Whether gas or electric, the majority of homeowners use furnaces of some kind to heat their homes. A home furnace is affordable, effective, and can work in a wide variety of different homes. If you need furnace services of any kind, whether installation, repair, maintenance, or replacement in Birmingham we can help you out. Call today to schedule an appointment with one of our technicians.
Douglas Cooling & Heating offers comprehensive gas or electric furnace services throughout Birmingham, AL
Which Furnace Is Right for You?
Homeowners often ask us which furnace type is objectively "better" than the other. The truth is there is no furnace type that is the best for any situation. The type of furnace you have in your home should be based on your individual needs, and the recommendation of a qualified professional. If you’re unsure about which furnace to look at, call and schedule an appointment with one of our professionals. In the meantime, there are a few factors you can consider to get you started:
- Gas Furnaces: Gas furnaces are the most common type of furnace. They operate by using a burner assembly to combust natural gas and generate heat. Natural gas is cheap, plentiful, and puts out a good amount of heat compared to how much is burned. However, gas furnaces do require access to a natural gas line. If you don’t have a natural gas line in your home, and there’s no gas main nearby, this may not be the best furnace for you.
- Electric Furnaces: Electric furnaces run an electrical current through a large heating coil to generate heat. Electricity is a more expensive heating fuel than natural gas, so electric furnaces are less common. However, electric furnaces will work anywhere where there’s sufficient electricity. This makes them far more versatile than gas furnaces.
When to Call for Furnace Repairs
Furnaces can run into all sorts of repair issues, just like any other heating system. There are too many different signs for us to cover them all here, but we can go over a few common symptoms indicating that your furnace needs repairs:
- Strange Noises: After you’ve had your furnace for a little while, you will become accustomed to the kinds of noises it makes during operation. If you start to hear any strange noises coming from the furnace, though, that could be an indication of a problem.
- Drops in Output: If your furnace seems to be struggling to affect the temperature as well as it normally does, you definitely need to call for repairs right away.
- Short–cycling: Short–cycling is when your furnace starts and stops every couple of minutes. This is an extremely dangerous behavior, and if not repaired soon, can cause a full system breakdown.
The Importance of Furnace Maintenance
Along with prompt repairs, it’s important that you schedule annual maintenance. Annual furnace maintenance allows technician to find and fix problems before they have the chance to develop far. This allows you to nip problems in the bud, preventing more damage to the furnace and causing it to last longer. If you need furnace maintenance in Birmingham, or any other furnace services, call Douglas Cooling & Heating. Our expert furnace technicians have years of professional experience and can help you with all of your HVAC needs.