Coronavirus Alert – March 15, 2020
Dear Douglas Cooling & Heating Customers,
At Douglas Cooling and Heating, we pride ourselves on being part of the communities we serve. Since our
opening in 1972, Douglas has established and upheld industry-leading standards and superior customer service.
Keeping your home safe has been and always will be our top priority.
In light of COVID-19, we would like to take this opportunity to share with you some of the policies and
procedures that Douglas has in place to protect the health and safety of you, our customer, and our team.
Our Policies and Procedures
● We are requiring that a team member with any symptoms of any respiratory illness or fever stay home and
not return to work until cleared by a physician.
● Each technician has a safety kit that includes face masks, gloves, and shoe covers. Our technicians will
wear a new pair of disposable gloves and new pair of disposable shoe covers before entering your home.
● Before entering your home, each technician will wash their hands with soap and water per the instructions
specifically for COVID-19 virus provided by the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH).
● While in your home or business our technicians will avoid touching any non-essential installation,
maintenance, and/or service items. We will also avoid close contact.
● We have increased our routine environmental cleaning for our offices and work vehicles.
● We have limited all non-essential travel for all employees for the next 30 days.
● Access to our facilities is limited to Douglas personnel and essential vendors only.
● We have discontinued all large gathering events for next 30 days.
● Our advanced phone, dispatching, and accounting system allows most everyone in our two office locations
to work remotely, creating no interruption in service to our customers.
● In order to comply with guidelines by the CDC and ADPH, and to protect our staff and customers, we are
canceling calls to homes where someone is quarantined, has symptoms of respiratory illness, and/or has
Please know that the wellness and safety of our team and customers continue to be our top priority. If you have a
service-related emergency, we encourage you to continue choosing Douglas for your HVAC, Water Heater,
Electrical, and Generator needs. We appreciate your loyalty and trust as a valued customer. We exist to keep you
Douglas Cooling and Heating
There is much to consider regarding the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus) and its possible transmission in your home. While there are various and effective indoor air quality measures available to help protect your safety, including duct sanitization, ultraviolet (UV) germicidal light treatment, and HEPA air filters, they alone cannot protect from all forms of COVID-19 transmission. It is important to follow all official guidelines for preventing the spread of this virus.