We, at Douglas Cooling & Heating pride ourselves on being part of the communities we serve. Since our opening in 2011, Douglas Cooling & Heating has established and upheld industry-leading standards and superior customer service.
In light of COVID-19, we would like to take this opportunity to share with you some of the policies and procedures that Douglas Cooling & Heating has in place to protect the health and safety of you, our customer, and our team. And also want to let you know we have had no team members that have traveled outside of the state within the last 14 days.
Our Policies and Procedures
- We have added warm water and antibacterial soap in our trucks
- We have a safety kit for each tech that include face masks, rubber gloves, shoe covers
- We have limited all non-essential travel for all employees for the next 30 days
- We have limited access to our facility to company personnel only
- We have discontinued all large gathering events for the next 30 days.
- Our advanced phone system allows everyone in the call center to work remotely creating no interruption in service to our customers.
- Our technicians are not allowed to work if they have a fever or do not feel well
- If a technician has a fever they will not be permitted to work until released by a doctor
We encourage our team members, customers, and community to:
- Dry hands with paper towels instead of cloth towels
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home if sick or showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing with disposable tissues and then wash hands
- Closely monitor and adapt recommendations and guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO)
I have no doubt this great state and nation will get through this and highly encourage everyone to follow local CDC guidance in the coming days.
Please know the wellness and safety of our team and customers continues to be our top priority. If you do have a service-related emergency, we encourage you to continue choosing Douglas Cooling & Heating for your heating, cooling and plumbing needs. We appreciate your loyalty and trust as a valued customer. We’re to keep you comfortable. We are still available 24/7 to assist and the office can be reached at 205-322-9090 also if for some reason you have an issue or need to speak with me directly I can be reached at 205-484-5207 anytime.
Kenneth Blake Sanders
Douglas Cooling & Heating