Bypass Complicated Ductwork with This Cooling Innovation
Heating and cooling technology has advanced by leaps and bounds, delivering climate control at your fingertips. Ductless air conditioners offer heating and cooling to areas without ductwork installed, such as additions, unfinished basements and sunrooms. New construction homes are popping up left and right with ductless systems already installed to entice buyers.
The premise behind the ductless air conditioning technology is stated simply enough in its name. There is no ductwork involved with the installation and there are a variety of systems for any budget. Douglas Cooling & Heating wants you to know the differences in ductless air conditioning technology and pros and cons of choosing a ductless unit for your home.
Types of Ductless Air Conditioning Technology
There are different brands and models of ductless air conditioning technology to research before investing in the perfect one for your new addition or older home. There are single residential ductless units designed to cool only one room in your home. Another option is to add additional indoor units to operate with a single outdoor unit. Regardless of which ductless system you choose, you will experience benefits soon after installation.
Units can be mounted on the wall, floor, or ceiling, taking up less space than a traditional heating and cooling system. Each unit is controlled independently with easy programming options. Some ductless air conditioning technology systems are accessible via a smartphone or tablet depending on the unit’s features. These systems can be installed in addition to your existing heating or cooling equipment, delivering more accurate temperature control in the space where the indoor ductless unit is located.
Advantages of Ductless Air Conditioning Technology
Ductless air conditioning technology is perfect for homes with older HVAC systems with recurring hot or cold spots. New additions, converted porches, and garages are also excellent choices for ductless air conditioning technology. Ductless air conditioning technology can be beneficial for a number of reasons, such as:
- More compact in size, increasing its versatility and flexibility for installation
- Faster installation than a traditional central heating and cooling unit, allowing you to operate your new ductless air conditioner the same day it’s installed
- Ductless air conditioning technology allows for both heating and cooling with one unit – great for cooling 10 months of the year and shaking the chill off on those winter mornings
- Zoning options increase temperature accuracy
- Lower operating costs
- Possible rebates or incentives when purchasing a new ductless unit
- Operating independently, your current HVAC system will perform less often and save you money on your energy bills
- Installation is unobtrusive, requiring a small 3-inch hole drilled in the wall to connect the outdoor unit to the indoor unit
- Reduces heat and energy loss in your home because there are no ducts distributing air and
- More flexibility with interior design, so the ductless unit complements your home’s style.
Perceived Drawbacks of Ductless Air Conditioning Technology
Even though ductless air conditioning technology sounds amazing, it does have its obstacles to consider:
- The outdoor unit requires a place for the water to properly drain
- Installation requires the knowledge and experience of a qualified heating and cooling professional
- Even though installation is flexible due to a unit’s compact size, every system is sized differently, and it may require creativity to find a suitable location to house the indoor unit and
- Not everyone likes the aesthetics of ductless air conditioning technology, at first, although most say the unit blends in so much they forget it’s there.
Decide whether ductless air conditioning technology is right for your home by knowing the pros and cons before you buy.As a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer, we carry the highest quality ductless air conditioning technology, and our NATE-certified technicians will ensure a smooth installation once you decide on a unit.
Contact Douglas Cooling & Heating if you have further questions. We will give you honest and reliable answers to help you make an informed buying decision. Concerned about initial costs? We offer financing options to keep your household budget intact. At Douglas Cooling & Heating, we do “whatever it takes”(R) for our Alabama customers.