Heating Services in Birmingham, AL
Birmingham may not be the coldest place in the country during the winter, but that doesn’t mean that you want to try to make it through the cold season without a home heating system. Closing all of your windows and bundling up in your living room is a poor substitute for having a quality furnace, heat pump or hybrid heating system.
That’s why Douglas Cooling & Heating offers a full range of home heating services throughout Birmingham, AL. If you need a home heating system installed, maintained, or replaced, call us today and set up an appointment! We also offer fast heating repair services in Birmingham, AL and can service your heating system 24/7.
We’ll make sure that no matter what your home heating needs are, you stay warm and comfortable throughout the winter.
Douglas Cooling & Heating provides comprehensive heating systems and services throughout Birmingham, AL.
Which Home Heating System Is Right for You?
For someone just looking into the home heating market, or getting back into it after a long absence, the sheer number of options can be overwhelming. Do you want a gas or electric system? Combustion or heat pump? Ducts or ductless? Are you considering a hybrid heating system?
All of these choices can have a dramatic effect on your home heating system’s efficiency and how comfortable it can make you. Fortunately, you don’t have to navigate the crowded field by yourself. If you need help selecting a home heating system, we’re here for you. Give us a call, and our heating experts will help walk you through the entire process.
Heating in Birmingham, AL | Your Heater Lifespan
There are two main things that you can do to ensure that your heating system lives as long and healthy a life as possible. First, make sure to schedule annual maintenance. Annual maintenance allows your heating technician to closely examine your system, detecting problems that may not have progressed far enough to give off warning signs yet. These problems can then be fixed before they cause damage to your system.
The second thing you need to do to ensure that your heating system lasts as long as possible is to call for prompt repairs. Heating system issues get progressively worse the longer they are allowed to develop. If you notice any sort of strange behavior coming from your heating system, call for repairs immediately to limit the damage as much as possible. We always seem to get the question, "How do I know I need a repair?" Aside from the obvious, such as your heater isn’t blowing hot air, it is not always very apparent. But a few warning signs to look out for are:
- High energy bill: If your system has become inefficient or something is broken, your energy bill may bear the brunt of that and cost you much more than it should.
- Thermostat is incorrect: If your thermostat is reading a comfortable temperature, but you know it isn’t right, there could be an electrical or a sensor issue.
- System erratically turns off and on: Similar to the previous point, it could be a sensor issue which is incorrectly alerting the system that the room is the proper temperature. But it could also be a mechanical issue.
Some of the other home heating services we specialize in include:
- Hybrid Heating System
- Communicating Technology Services (aka Remote Control Access)
- Ductless System Services
- Fireplace Services
- Furnace Services
- Gas Piping Services
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling Services
- Heat Pump Services
- Packaged HVAC Unit Services
- Thermostat Services
- Zone Control System Services
- Commercial and Industrial Heating Services