The Super Bowl is just around the corner, and you need to prevent gas furnace breakdowns or other heating disruptions from affecting your party plans! HVAC maintenance for all types of furnaces and heating equipment is the best way to catch a problem before it escalates. Several benefits come with furnace maintenance, including detecting a problem before you discover your electric furnace isn’t working correctly. Contact Douglas Cooling & Heating to find out more about our HVAC maintenance for furnaces and other HVAC products!
Prevent Breakdowns with HVAC Maintenance for Furnaces:
The best way to keep a home warm this winter and avoid furnace failure is to:
- Schedule preventative HVAC maintenance for furnaces, boilers, and other heating equipment. Maintenance is instrumental in extending the lifespan of your unit and boosting its performance efficiency. Douglas Cooling & Heating’ professionals are licensed and NATE-certified to perform maintenance on any heating system and will catch anything that might lead to problems in the future.
- Replace or clean your filter every month. A dirty furnace filter is a leading cause of why your electric furnace isn’t working, and it’s a simple problem to fix. As your system runs, dirt and debris get trapped inside your filter and can cause even more problems due to restricted airflow throughout your home.
- Check your vents to ensure they are open and not blocked by couches, beds, nightstands, or other furniture. Furnaces and other heating equipment are sized to meet the needs of every square foot in your home. When vents are blocked, the air that is supposed to be delivered to a set room gets trapped behind the vents, building pressure and causing furnace failure.
- Call a NATE-certified specialist if you think there is a problem with your heating system. It’s not easy to detect when your electric furnace isn’t working correctly, but there are signs you can watch for and call for help before your system shuts down. Douglas Cooling & Heating technicians are all NATE-certified and experienced to handle any problem you might encounter with your heating system. We even have emergency service 24/7 for those times when a breakdown happens unexpectedly.
- Consider investing in a new heating system if your current system is older than 15 years or experiencing constant breakdowns and failures. Replacement of your heating system ensures you will have many winters ahead of you without surprise repairs or malfunctions with your unit. Prevention also includes being proactive about your current system and replacing it when necessary.
Signs an Electric or Gas Furnace Breakdown Is In Your Future:
- Hearing noises: Both gas and electric furnaces create some level of noise when operating, but strange noises indicate a more devastating breakdown is imminent. Sounds, such as popping, hissing, squealing, and banging should be handled by a professional. Call the professionals at Douglas Cooling & Heating if you notice weird noises coming from your furnace!
- Flame isn’t blue: The flame on a furnace should be bright blue when it’s functioning correctly. If the light is yellow or is flickering, the furnace isn’t burning the fuel completely, and carbon monoxide could be leaking into your home’s air supply. Contact Douglas Cooling & Heating if your flame isn’t bright blue and ensure you and your family remain safe from carbon monoxide poisoning this winter!
- Overworked furnace: If your gas or electric furnace isn’t working efficiently it is a sign that your system is overloading itself to provide warmth throughout your home. An overworked heating system could be due to a faulty thermostat or something much more severe. Schedule service with our NATE-certified technicians to assess your furnace performance and diagnosis where the problem is before it’s too late.
- Increased heating bill: An increase in your heating bill is a noticeable sign that something is wrong with your furnace or other heating equipment. When a furnace is running smoothly and efficiently, your heating bills are low. A system that has damaged components, pressure buildup, or other malfunctions manifest their problems with performance through your energy use. Contact Douglas Cooling & Heating today, and we will inspect your system for damaged components, leaks in your ductwork, or anything that might be affecting your system’s performance.
Prevent gas or electric furnace breakdowns and other malfunctions with your heating equipment before you invite everyone over. Call Douglas Cooling & Heating to schedule maintenance with our NATE-certified professionals.