Are you in the market for a new furnace? Yes? Well then, you’ve come to the right place! We are your furnace experts and we are here to help!
We know just how overwhelming investing in a new furnace can be, and let’s face it: it’s no small task! In fact, we find that many homeowners don’t quite know where to start. But, you’re in luck!
Below, we have provided you with our Not-So-Comprehensive Guide to Furnace Installation, that way, you’ll know just what to do when the time comes. All you have to do is keep reading to learn more (and of course, remember to call our team when you need a great furnace contractor in Birmingham, AL!)
Simply Follow These Steps!
All you’ve got to do is follow these steps and you’re well on your way to a new furnace:
Step One: Get Rid of Your Old System
The first step in installing a new furnace is knowing when to replace your existing system. Consider replacing your furnace if:
- It’s old: Although built to last, the average lifespan of a furnace is anywhere between 10-15 years. If your furnace has aged beyond this life expectancy, it might just be time for a replacement.
- It requires frequent repair: Your furnace should not require more than just a couple of repairs every few years. So, if you have found yourself calling for repairs any more than that, it might be that your system is simply worn out.
- You are paying more for heat: We recommend keeping a close eye on your heating bills because a steady rise in heating costs indicates that your system is no longer efficient.
- You notice a lack of heat: The primary role of your furnace is to keep your home warm and cozy, so if it is unable to keep up with your heating demands, why bother?
Step Two: Pick Out Your New System
After you’ve decided to replace your current furnace, it is time to select the make and model of furnace that will best meet your needs. No matter what, though, it is important to choose a high-efficiency system, as this will save you both time and money on repairs and utility bills. In addition, you will have to select which fuel source you will use:
- Gas furnaces: Natural gas is highly efficient, inexpensive, and widely available, so consider this option if you live in a home with access to natural gas lines.
- Electric furnaces: Although more expensive, electricity is highly efficient, making it a great choice if you live in an area where it is relatively cheap.
Step Three: Have It Installed
After you’ve selected the best furnace for your home, it is time to have it professionally sized and installed. Trust us, only a professional HVAC technician has the tools, training, and expertise to carefully replace your old system and put a new one in its place. Remember, when it comes to your comfort, you don’t want to take any risks.
Schedule your heating services with the team at Douglas Cooling and Heating. Your experience is what matters most!