Whether you water heater is on its last leg or you are simply trying to look for ways to save, you may want to consider a tankless water heater. Tankless water heaters are exactly what they sound like, water heating systems that don’t require a multi-gallon tank to hold hot water. This may sound strange if you don’t know how these systems work but we are happy to fill you in. What’s more, our team is glad to help you switch over to a tankless system if it is the best fit for your home.
The plumbing professionals at Douglas Cooling & Heating are happy to fill you in on what the best things about tankless water heaters and we can assist in your tankless water heater installation too.
Why All the Talk About Tankless?
Before you decide on whether a tankless water heater is a good fit for you or not, you should know some of the best facts about them so you can make a more informed decision.
- They are highly energy efficient: Tankless water heaters warm water as it is demanded meaning there is no standby heat loss like you would have with a tank water heater that has to constantly heat gallons of water. That increased efficiency will help you save a lot of cash too.
- They provide constant hot water: As we mentioned, tankless systems are going to heat up water as it is demanded. This means that, unless too high of a demand is put on the heater, you’ll never have to worry about “using up” all the hot water in the house.
- Saves water: Since the tankless system uses water only when you turn on the hot water tap it uses gallons less water than a tank heater would. This is a huge water-saver of course.
- Saves space, too: Without needing a tank in your home’s basement or garage, you will enjoy a lot more space that would have been occupied before. This is a huge benefit to smaller homes that may not have room for a full-sized tank.
- Increased lifespan: Tankless water heaters are going to be able to last a lot longer than tank water heaters might. In some cases, they can last double the amount of time that a storage tank system would.
Is a Tankless Water Heater For You?
If a tankless heater sounds like a great addition to your home, you will want to be 100% sure–at least we would want to be. For example, you don’t want to get a tankless system if you have a large number of people in your home that might be trying to run more than one water-using appliance at once as this can cause problems for your heater. If, however, you are looking to save energy and water a tankless water heater could be a great fit.
Still not sure? We can help with assessing your needs and matching you with the best water heater for your warm water demands.
Your experience is what matters most! Contact Douglas Cooling & Heating to learn more.