Do you have an air conditioning system that doesn’t seem up to par anymore? Maybe it runs but it can barely emit cool air let alone keep your home cool. Summer is around the corner and things are heating up so this isn’t good news by any means.
If you have an AC unit that needs to be retired and replaced, it is best to come to our team to get the job done right. The question you may be having is whether you truly need a replacement or not. We can help you figure this out and get your home set up with a working system again. All you need to do is stay on the alert for these warning signs and then reach out to us to get started.
5 Indicators You Need a New Air Conditioner
An air conditioning replacement in Vestavia Hills, AL is no small job. This makes it pretty important to make sure that you really do need to replace your system instead of repairing it. You don’t want to waste money that you could be saving, after all. Make sure that you take note of any of these warning signs so you can schedule a replacement before you have to wait weeks without cool air.
- The system can’t produce cool air anymore. Your air conditioner needs to be able to produce cool air for your home. If your system isn’t doing this anymore despite regular maintenance and prompt repairs, it is likely time to replace the system.
- You require AC repairs too frequently. How often do you need repairs? A system in good condition should only need repairs every few years. If you’ve started requiring AC repairs on a yearly basis, this is far too frequent and means it needs to be retired.
- Your AC repairs are too expensive. Let’s say that your air conditioner requires repairs that aren’t necessarily frequent but are getting excessively expensive. A good rule of thumb to remember is that if the price for a repair is equal to or more than half the price of a replacement, it is best to use that cash on a new system instead.
- The compressor in your unit is burnt out. The compressor in your system is required for the operation of your AC as a whole. If it burns out, your system won’t be able to do much of anything other than running the fans. A compressor can’t be repaired in most cases. If your system is near to 10 years old or more, you’ll need to replace the entire system.
- The AC has simply gotten old. Your AC has a limited lifespan. After 10 years, you will need to start considering a replacement at the least. Beyond that, it is best to be prepared since your AC is going to diminish in efficiency and effectiveness the older it gets.
If you are in need of a new air conditioner, you can come to us. We even provide free estimates to get things started.
Contact Douglas Cooling & Heating to schedule an appointment. Your experience is what matters most!